Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flickr




The students have participated in field trips, assemblies and lots of fun activities during this week of school. I decided to use Flickr as a fun way share pictures of all the fun things students were doing. Parents were shown a short video on what Flickr is and how to use it. Once that was done, they were able to log into Flickr and view pictures.Parents enjoyed using the website to see what their children were doing in school. They said the demonstration video made it easier for them to learn how to navigate through the website and Flickr is something they would use at home as well.

Because the Flickr activity went so well and I received such positive feedback from parents I have decided to definitely incorporate the web tool Flickr into my classroom as a way to keep parents updated on events happening in their child's classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you involved parents in this activity! How great to show them a video to help them understand the resource and that they are now excited about using this tool to see what their kids are doing in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea. As teachers we have to step into the technology age and harness all of its potential so that we can use it for our instructional benefit.

    ReplyDelete